Travel has become a way of life for many Americans whether it's for business, family, a cruise or get-away vacation. When death occurs away from home, your family must deal with additional unexpected decisions and out-of-pocket expenses. So many of us are increasingly mobile, enjoying more and more travel for vacation, business, and even retirement. Americans are finding themselves away from home more often than ever for several reasons:
- Grandchildren and other family members are more spread out than ever before
- Employees are retiring early and are on the road enjoying new experiences far away from home
- People with medical conditions are seeking treatment in distant medical centers
- 80% of Americans (over 18) take a trip 100 miles or more away from home that lasts at least one night or more
- Over 50% of international travel is performed by senior citizens
As a result of such increased travel, we have seen an increase in the number of people who pass away while traveling away from home. This puts an unexpected burden on families to locate assistance when they are in a place they are unfamiliar with both inside and outside of the country.
It’s difficult to deal with the emotional and financial stress that the death of a loved one brings, but when the death occurs away from home, the loss is complicated by the need to bring the loved one back home. Most people don’t realize that the expense involved in transportation services can easily run from $1,500 to well over $15,000 and are always out-of-pocket (meaning life insurance cannot be used to cover it). This is why we offer families the ability to protect themselves with the Guaranteed Travel Assurance Plan.
The Travel Plan, a service option provided by Inman Shipping Worldwide, is designed to give you an extra measure of protection. The plan is fully guaranteed and the peace of mind it creates will be priceless. One fee and one call guarantees your loved one will be returned if death occurs 100 miles or more away from home. Reassure your family with your own Travel Assurance Plan today.